FAQs: injury, accident and medical negligence

Here are our answers to some of the questions we’re often asked about personal injury, accident and medical negligence claims. If you have a question that isn’t answered below, please do get in touch.

Below are the questions we are most commonly asked about personal injury, accident and medical negligence claims.

Of course, if you can't see your answer here, just give us a call and we'll do our best to help.

Popular questions

Can I call you for free advice?

Yes, our team of friendly experts are more than happy to help, and will answer any questions you have regarding a claim, even if you’re unsure whether you’re eligible.

Contact us for a free and confidential discussion.

Are you a claims management company?

Yes. First4Lawyers have always offered a claims service to those who seek compensation following an accident or injury as a result of another’s negligent actions. But, since then we have grown significantly and now offer all areas of personal and business legal services.

For accident and injury we offer a No Win No Fee* service.  Our personal law services are fixed fee, with a price guarantee.  Our legal services for business are quoted per case.

How long will a claim take?

The length of time it will take to make your claim depends on your individual circumstances.

Every case is different, so it’s very difficult to say at the early stages how long the process will be from start to finish.

Once your solicitor has completed their initial investigations into your case, they will be in a better position to advise you on how long the process is likely to take.

To give you a very general idea:

  • For a personal injury claim like minor whiplash, for example, the process could be completed in about six months. But in more complex cases, such as claims involving a trip, slip or fall, it could take over a year to be settled. The process could also be longer if the defendant disputes your claim.

  • Claiming for a work accident could be between six and nine months. But if the injury is more severe, or there are legal complexities, it could take longer.

  • Medical negligence cases tend to take longer as they can be complex with multiple factors and evidence.  A rough estimate would be 18-26 months.

You can contact one of our advisors to discuss your situation.

More about making a claim

Can I make a claim online?

Yes, you can start your claim online or by calling us on the number at the top of the screen.

After entering a few details into our simple form, one of our advisors will call you back to discuss your claim.

When completing the form, just give a brief description of your accident, including details on what happened and when, if you were injured in the accident and what your injuries were. This helps us to understand the nature of your accident, so that we will be able to advise you on the most appropriate next steps for you.

We’ll also need a few contact details, including your full name, telephone number and an alternative telephone number (in case we’re unable to reach you). You can also include your email address, if you’d prefer us to email you with further details.

Let us know what time it’s best for us to call you back. We know it’s not always convenient for you to talk, so we'll call at that scheduled time when you'll be expecting us.

Making a claim online will help to save you time and will ensure that you receive a phone call back from us as soon as possible. During the call, we will ask you a few questions about your accident and advise you if you’re eligible to make a claim, and if so, what you can do next.

Start your claim online now

How do I know whether I have a claim?

That's what we're here for! 

If you’ve had an accident and you’re not sure if you’re eligible to claim, then call us through the number at the top of the screen and speak to one of our specialist advisors.

We will give you free advice regarding your case and advise you on the potential of your claim, without obligation.

We believe in working honestly and with integrity – we don’t believe in raising expectations and we don’t encourage false claims.

To be eligible to make a compensation claim, there are three key conditions that your case will need to meet:

  • Your accident must have taken place during the last three years. Please note: different rules apply to industrial disease, medical negligence and criminal injury claims, or if you were under 18 when the accident happened.  We will advise accordingly in each of these cases.
  • There must be a person or organisation who is at fault for your accident.
  • Your injuries will have required medical treatment.

If you have any questions, or are unsure if your case meets these requirements, give us a call or complete our online claim form and we'll be in touch shortly.

Is there a time limit to making a claim?

Yes, most personal injury claims have a three year window in which you can claim.

However this can vary.  Each injury and accident page of our website will give you an indication of how long you have to claim, or we would be happy to speak to you and advise your further - just give us a call.  It's free and there's no obligation to continue with anything.

Can I claim against a family member?

Yes, you can. Claiming against relatives may seem unthinkable in any circumstance, but if you have suffered an injury that has prevented you from working or affected your life, you’re entitled to claim compensation.

One example that often arises is road accidents, where a family member was driving and could be held responsible for your injuries.

We understand that making a claim through a family member’s insurance is a difficult position to be in, but with the help of our solicitors, we promise to make the whole process as painless as possible.

If you need to claim through a relative’s insurance to help pay for the costs of your injuries, we will be there to help you throughout the negotiation stage with sensitivity and understanding.

Can I be compensated for losses as well as my injury?

Yes, you may be entitled to compensation for losses other than your personal injury.

A personal injury claim is split into two parts: general damages and special damages.

  • General damages are paid for the pain and suffering and emotional distress from your physical injury.
  • Special damages relate to damaged belongings or financial losses resulting from the injury.


Will I have to attend a medical?

Yes, you’ll need to have a medical examination to make a personal injury claim.

It's to provide proof that your injury was caused by the accident and to allow your solicitors to value your claim.

How do you select your solicitors?

We work with an extensive panel of impartial and fully-qualified solicitors.

At First4Lawyers, we make sure you get the very best help available, which is why we screen all solicitors working with us by checking their credentials and qualifications and ensuring that they are registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority and that they have a valid SRA number.

We pride ourselves on our Standards of Service, and as such, every solicitor on our panel must abide by our high standards.

It’s important to us to make your claims process as easy and accessible as possible, and we have a large range of solicitors who work with us throughout the country.

Above all else, we make it a priority that the solicitor working on your case has the relevant expertise to make your claim, so you can rest assured that your claim is in safe hands at all times.

Do I get a choice of solicitors?

We have an extensive panel of solicitors who are pre-screened and are experts in working on cases just like yours.

We always match your case with the solicitors who have the most experience in the relevant field.

All of our solicitors must adhere to our strict standards of service and we only work with solicitors who have the best knowledge and expertise to work on cases like yours, which is why we’re confident that if you work with one of our solicitors, you’ll be in the very best hands.

You don’t have to choose a solicitor from our service. You’re free to find a different solicitor to work with, but if you do choose one of the solicitors from our panel, then we can refer your case straight away.

See also our guide on how to choose an injury or accident lawyer 

Can I use my own solicitor?

Yes, you can choose your own solicitor to represent your case for you, even if you call us for advice about starting your claim.

When you get in touch with us, we only recommend fully-qualified solicitors from our pre-screened panel, who have specific experience of cases like yours.

We want you to get the best possible legal help while you’re making your claim, which is why we select the solicitors with the most relevant knowledge and experience for each individual case.

No Win No Fee service

How does No Win No Fee* work?

If you win, our solicitors take a percentage of the final compensation up to 25%, and this will be discussed with you before the process begins so that there are no unexpected costs at the end. Please note this excludes claims for road traffic accidents and housing disrepair, where customers typically pay 35% + VAT due to changes introduced through the Civil Liability Act 2018.

If you lose your case, you do not pay your solicitor any legal fees for the work they've carried out on your behalf.

What's the difference between legal aid and No Win No Fee*?

Legal aid is money paid by the government to help cover legal costs for those who can’t afford it. You have to prove eligibility and the matter has to be considered serious.

No Win No Fee*, on the other hand, is an arrangement with your solicitor which guarantees that if your claim is not successful, you won’t have to pay for the solicitor’s work.

Are there any catches to No Win No Fee*?

No, there are no 'catches'.  Although there are some exceptions in Scotland and Northern Ireland, No Win No Fee* does what it says on the tin: if you don’t win, you don’t pay the solicitor's legal fees.

When discussing your claim, our advisors will be able to assess whether these exceptions apply to you. We’ll always be transparent, so you can be confident that we won’t land you with any hidden costs.

How likely am I to win a No Win No Fee* case?

It depends on the individual circumstances around your claim.

Our legal advisors, who are trained to the highest standard, will discuss the details of your case with you and assess how likely is it to succeed.

This is always discussed with you in your initial phone call so that your time is not wasted and you know where you stand straight away.

I've been injured. Can I make a No Win No Fee* claim?

Yes, if the accident was not your fault, you may have a No Win No Fee* claim.

By discussing your accident with one of our trained legal advisors we can assess whether you have a claim.  We will then be able to find a specialist solicitor to suit your needs.

Get in touch with us to find out more.

Can I claim on behalf of someone else?

Yes, if you are a parent, guardian or close family member you can claim on behalf of someone else.

They must be either under 18 years old, or considered a 'protected party' who is mentally incapable of making their own decision. More about making a claim

What percentage do solicitors take out of my compensation?

Our solicitors may take up to 25% of any compensation they win for you. Please note this excludes claims for road traffic accidents and housing disrepair, where customers typically pay 35% + VAT due to changes introduced through the Civil Liability Act 2018.

However, they will discuss the exact percentage that will be deducted prior to any work happening.

At this stage you are under no obligation to choose a First4Lawyers solicitor.  More about making a claim

How do I compare No Win No Fee* solicitors?

Our claims team will be able to assess your claim and match you with an expert solicitor who specialises in your type of claim.

We have won multiple awards for Claims Management Company of the Year  we will provide you with the best service, our Trustpilot score is also testament to the many satisfied customers we have.

Can I make a No Win No Fee* claim for medical negligence?

Yes, in England and Wales.

In Scotland and Northern Ireland you cannot claim for medical negligence on a No Win No Fee* basis.

Your solicitor will be able to discuss this further with you, and will answer any questions you have before you decide if you would like to proceed.

More about medical negligence claims

Can I make a No Win No Fee* claim for a road traffic accident?

Yes, although the level of insurance you have may affect this (ie. if you have legal cover).

It is best to speak to one of our expert advisors, who will be able to assess your claim on its individual merits.

More about road traffic accident claims

Does No Win No Fee* apply to accidents at work?

Yes, if you were in an accident at work that was as a result of negligence, or was not your fault, you may have a No Win No Fee* claim.

Our advisors are expertly trained and will be able to assess this fully with you, before assigning you a specialist accident at work solicitor.

More about accident at work claims

What are the rules for No Win No Fee* in Northern Ireland?

You can still make a medical negligence or personal injury claim if you live in Northern Ireland, but there isn’t a No Win No Fee* policy available.

However, we still will review your case for free and advise you on what claim we believe you can make in your circumstances, including the associated costs.

I'm in Scotland, can I still make a claim?

Yes, you can still make a claim. Most cases can be accepted on a No Win No Fee* basis, except medical negligence claims.

We are still happy to discuss your circumstances free of charge, and provide you with advice for your next steps. Call us using the number at the top of the screen, or fill in our online claim form.

Medical negligence FAQs

What is medical negligence?

The phrase ‘medical negligence’ best describes an incident in which a person has suffered harm or injury at the hands of a medical professional. This term is used for people who have received poor levels of care, or a substandard service from a doctor, dentist or other medical professional.

Medical negligence cases can be a very complex process, which is why we have experts on hand to help you. They are experienced in making claims in this area and know the process and what to expect. Contact us for an informal and confidential chat.

Am I entitled to make a medical negligence claim?

Yes, if you have been let down by a healthcare professional, or have suffered as a result of substandard care, then you could make a claim for medical negligence and be compensated for the poor level of care you have received.

What’s more, by making a claim, you’re bringing those responsible to justice, and could prevent someone else from receiving similarly poor care in the future.

Medical negligence can be defined as:

  • Poor care received in a hospital
  • Misdiagnosis of an illness or injury
  • Substandard operations
  • Being given the wrong prescription medicine

However it happens, medical negligence can be serious and in some cases, even traumatic.

If you’ve received substandard medical care and are unsure if you have a case to make a claim, you can speak to one of our legal experts, who will advise you on whether or not you’re eligible to make a claim for compensation.

I've been the victim of medical negligence. What should I do?

If you have suffered as a result of medical negligence, it’s important to act as soon as possible to prevent your illness or injury from getting worse over time.

Additionally, it’s important to be compensated for your injuries and your claim could bring those responsible to justice, preventing similar substandard care from affecting someone else.

If you believe you have been the victim of medical negligence, our experts are on hand to advise you on what to do next:

  • You should seek medical advice from a trustworthy medical practitioner and have your injury or illness assessed to determine if you are receiving the right treatment to recover.
  • Contact a legal expert with a background in medical negligence cases. One of our fully qualified and pre-screened solicitors will assess your case and advise whether or not you have a claim.
  • Identify who is at fault for medical negligence. In the vast majority of cases, healthcare professionals such as GPs, doctors and surgeons are responsible for your health and well-being, so if anything goes wrong under their care, then they are at fault.

Recovering from surgery after an illness or injury can be stressful, and we don’t believe that you should suffer further as a result of ill-advice and poor care. If you believe that you have been the victim of medical negligence, then our experts will give you the advice you need to take your case forward.

Whatever the circumstances, you’re within your rights to know for sure if you can make a compensation claim. We will do our very best to take you through the claiming process, so you can concentrate on making a full recovery.  
Contact us today

Can I claim against my GP?

Yes, you can.

In certain medical negligence cases, the claim is made against the GP, who is insured for these situations.

Common reasons for making claims against GPs include misdiagnosis, poor care and errors with prescription medicine.

Additionally, you can make a claim against GPs who work in either NHS or private practices.

If you feel that you have received substandard care from your GP, if you’ve been misdiagnosed or you’ve received incorrect prescription medicine, then you could be entitled to claim compensation.

Need more answers? Find more information on our GP or NHS negligence page.

How do I make a claim for medical negligence?

All you need to do is contact us.  We will take it from there.

At First4Lawyers, we will always refer your case to solicitors who are experts in dealing with medical negligence claims.

It's then their job to prove you have received sub-standard care, deserving of compensation.  They will work with you throughout the process, keeping you updated as the case progresses to ensure you get the best possible outcome.

Need more answers? Our guide on how to file a medical negligence case explains more about what you need to know.

Can I claim against a private healthcare company?

Yes, you can make a medical negligence claim against a private healthcare company.

All hospitals or healthcare providers will have a private insurance company to cover claims like this.

See our guide on how to complain to a private healthcare company.

How long does a medical negligence claim take?

Every case is unique so there is no set time limit for the case to be settled.

As an average guideline, standard cases can take between 12 and 18 months to be settled, but this is by no means a definitive timeline.

How much compensation am I likely to get?

Depending on the severity of your injuries, you could be entitled to thousands of pounds.  Amounts are assessed on your individual circumstances, including pain, suffering and any effects on your life in the future.

Our expert solicitors work hard to ensure you get the outcome you deserve. 

You can find examples using our compensation calculator - but amounts will vary depending on your individual situation.

Can I claim against a dentist?

Yes, whether you were treated privately or by the NHS you can make a claim against your dentist if you have sustained an injury or illness due to receiving poor treatment or substandard care.

This can include anything from misdiagnosis, wrong tooth removal, nerve injuries, infection and problems that could eventually lead to oral cancer.

Can I make a No Win No Fee* claim for medical negligence?

Yes, No Win No Fee* arrangements can be agreed for medical negligence cases. When you contact First4Lawyers, we’ll be able to tell you if you are likely to have a case, and can arrange a No Win No Fee* agreement.

If you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland you cannot use No Win No Fee* agreements in medical negligence cases. 

Personal injury FAQs

How do I make a personal injury claim?

Just get in contact with us! Our experts will assess the details of your claim and advise you whether you have a case.

We don’t believe in encouraging false claims, so we’ll only advise you to start a claim if we believe you have grounds for doing so.

If you decide to start your claim with us, our advisors will talk you through the next part of the process.

An independent panel of solicitors, selected by First4Lawyers, will determine what your claim is likely to be worth if you are successful.

You’ll then enter into an agreement with your solicitor who will be acting on your behalf to make your claim.

They will then file a letter of claim to the person responsible for causing your accident (the defendant).

For more answers, take a look at our guide to making a claim.

Can I make a public liability claim?

It depends on whether the accident occurred due to the actions or negligence of those responsible for the area where you had the accident.

Claims for accidents in public places are quite common, often as a result of poor highway maintenance, something for which local councils are directly responsible.

If you’ve been injured in an accident on public property, you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries.

To find out if you have a claim, just call one of our legal advisors who will assess your case and advise you of your next step.

You can also find more information on our slips, trips and falls claims page.

Can I claim against the council?

Yes, if your accident happened in a location for which the council are responsible.

Local councils are responsible for the maintenance of such things as:

  • Roads
  • Pavements and sidewalks
  • Public parks
  • Libraries
  • Most schools and colleges, which aren’t privately run
  • Town and city squares
  • Community centres
  • Council houses/flats

For all of the above, the council are directly responsible for ensuring that each are maintained to the highest possible standard, posing no health and safety risks whatsoever.

Despite that, some errors are made either through a lack of regular upkeep or poor maintenance.

One common example of how a local council could be deemed responsible for an accident is if someone sustained an injury after tripping over a cracked or poorly maintained pavement. In this case, the council is at fault for not keeping the pavement in good condition and causing a hazard to the public using it.

Our experts have dealt with numerous cases in which a person has been injured in a public place, which could have otherwise been avoided if it was properly maintained by the local authority.

If you’ve had an accident in a public place and are unsure if you’re eligible to claim compensation, have a chat to our experts who will assess the circumstances of your accident and offer advice on your next steps.

You can read more information on how we can help with slip, trip or fall claims.

Can I claim if my accident happened while I was abroad?

Yes, you can still claim if you had an accident while abroad.  But it can be more complex due to varying laws in other countries.

Accidents abroad are very common and can happen to anyone. Some of the most common accidents can include things such as suffering food poisoning from the hotel restaurant, slipping on a wet floor in a hotel or tripping over on a poorly-maintained footpath.

Other scenarios you may be able to claim compensation for include: sport-related accidents from using damaged, faulty or poorly-maintained equipment, sustaining an injury during an arranged excursion and road traffic accidents (including accidents when travelling as a passenger in a car, coach or taxi).

Those who booked their trip with a travel agent or as part of a package holiday are more likely to be able to claim against the travel company once returning to the UK, as opposed to the services used abroad (such as a hotel or restaurant).

At First4Lawyers, we work with solicitors who are experienced in making claims for accidents that have happened abroad, for people who were either on holiday or travelling on a business trip. Contact us for a no-obligation chat.

Can I get compensation even if no one was convicted?

Yes, you can still claim compensation even if the person responsible for the criminal assault isn’t convicted or brought to justice.

You can do this through the government-backed Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).


Car accident claim FAQs

Can passengers claim compensation?

Yes, if you’re a passenger who has been involved in a collision on the road and suffered injuries through no fault of your own, then you’re entitled to make a claim for compensation.

I was hit by an uninsured driver. Can I claim?

Yes, you can make a claim if you were hit by an uninsured driver.

With the help of our panel of solicitors, you can claim through the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB).

Backed by every motor insurer in the UK, the MIB is a scheme set up to help compensate victims of accidents caused by uninsured and untraced motorists.

I've been injured on public transport, can I make a claim?

Yes, you may have a claim against the transport company, as they have a duty of care to ensure your safety, but get in touch with us and we'll discuss it with you free of charge.  You can also read more on our accidents on public transport page.

What should I do after a road accident?

Take the other driver's vehicle registration number, and ask them whether they are insured and who with.

Try to collect as much information as you can about the accident, as well as your losses and injuries.

Keep a record of any police reference numbers you're given and details of your medical appointments - such as when and where you were seen.

Details like these will help us build evidence for any claim for which you are eligible.

Accident abroad FAQs

I've had an accident while I was abroad. Who do I claim against?

When on holiday abroad you are ultimately entrusting your safety to the tour operator that you booked your holiday through.

If you’ve suffered an accident or food poisoning in a hotel then the tour operator or hotel owners will be held responsible for your safety and well-being whilst staying with them.

Accidents on flights are down to the airline or tour operator, and it's the latter who have a duty to ensure that you are safe for the duration of your trip abroad.

If you have had an accident abroad related to your work then your employer will be responsible for your health and safety. They will have the appropriate insurance policies to cover the costs of any compensation claims but they have a duty of care to ensure the accident you’ve suffered doesn’t happen to anyone else.

In most cases those responsible for causing a road traffic accident will be held liable for compensating the victim of the accident.

However road traffic accidents abroad are slightly more complex than those in the UK depending on the country of the accident and whether you were in a car, coach or other vehicles.

One of our trained legal advisors will assess your accident for free to let you know if you have a claim. 

Are there exceptions to making an accident abroad claim?

Yes, if you were on holiday, it should usually be part of a package holiday (flights + accommodation booked together) to be eligible to make a claim.

For road traffic accidents abroad there are some limitations to what you can claim, depending on the laws within that country.

Our legal advisors can give you advice on your particular situation.  Just give them a call, or request a callback.

Are there jurisdiction limits to accident abroad claims?

There are very few jurisdictional issues as long as the holiday was booked as part of a package holiday (flight + accommodation booked together).

Road traffic accidents are only covered within certain countries in Europe.

Do I need travel insurance to claim for an accident abroad?

No, you don't need to have travel insurance to claim.  But your holiday must be a package deal, where you booked all flights, accommodation etc. together.  

However, if you do have travel insurance it may cover legal expenses.

Our legal advisors would be happy to discuss your claim with you in further detail, with or without travel insurance.

How long do I have to make a claim?

Typically with most personal injury claims you have three years from the date of the accident.

However this varies depending on your individual circumstances.  Contact us to talk through your particular situation.  Assessment is free and there's no obligation or pressure to continue with anything.

How much can I claim?

Claim amounts vary depending on your individual circumstances and the severity of your injuries.  Our compensation calculator can give you an idea of the amounts awarded for different types of injury.

Our legal advisors are on hand to talk you through your options - just give us a call at the top of your screen.

Can I only claim if it was a package holiday?

Yes.  We only deal with claims covered by the Package Holiday Regulations, therefore if you did not book a package holiday (ie. accommodation and travel booked together) then you will not be able to make a claim through us.

However, you may be able to make a claim through your travel insurance, and it is worth contacting them to find out if they can help you.

Accident at work and industrial disease FAQs

I was injured at work. Can my employer sack me for making a claim?

No, your employer cannot legally dismiss you because you have made a claim against them.

It is illegal for an employer to fire one of their employees if they are injured at work and make a claim against them.

This means that anyone who needs to make a claim against their employer as a result of an accident at work can do so without fear of negative consequences.

Employees are fully within their rights to claim compensation should they sustain injuries as a result of an accident in the workplace.

If you’ve sustained an injury at work which has either prevented you from working or generally hindered your enjoyment of life, it’s only right you claim the compensation you deserve.  Your employer should have insurances in place to cover this kind of event.

I've been injured at work. Can I claim?

Yes, if you were injured through the negligence or carelessness of your employer. 

With these types of claim, there is usually a three year time limit, so it’s recommended to start your claim sooner rather than later.

Additionally, the more recent the accident, the more likely you are to remember specific details relating to the accident, which could help you make your claim.

More about accident at work claims.

I'm nervous about claiming against my employer. Should I be worried?

It’s understandable that you might feel anxious about bringing a claim against your employer.

Many people are concerned that their employer will be so aggrieved about their decision to make a claim due to an accident at work that they will terminate their employment.

However, taking this sort of action against any employee making a claim is actually illegal and you may have reasonable grounds to start unfair dismissal proceedings against them.

Should you fall victim to an accident at work, you shouldn’t have to worry about what your employer would think about you making a claim.

It’s their responsibility to ensure that your workplace is a safe, clean environment that is free from hazards which could harm your health and well-being.

With one of our solicitors by your side, making a claim against your employer won’t be a problem and you can be rest assured that your case is in the best possible hands.

Our solicitors understand that many people have these concerns regarding their employers, and will always deal with your case sympathetically.

Can I claim for lost wages due to an accident at work?

Yes, you can claim for any wages you have lost if you’ve been unable to work due to an accident at work.

Often the injury or illness you’ve suffered can mean taking time off work to recover and compensation can include money that you would have earned if you’d been able to attend work as normal.

In addition to claiming for lost wages, it’s also possible to claim for medical bills and prescription medicine such as painkillers, as well as physical damage or psychological damage caused by the accident. For example, psychological damage might include accident-related stress and anxiety.

Does my working environment affect my ability to claim?

The type of environment you work in shouldn’t affect your ability to claim, but it may affect the types of claim that can be brought forward.

For instance, certain circumstances causing injury may not be avoidable as part of the role, meaning your employers may not be liable.

It’s essential that you seek expert legal guidance before starting a claim, or you could end up out of pocket.

Our expert injury solicitors understand the law, and can find out if you have a basis for a claim – no matter what workplace you work in.

What if I'm self employed? Can I still claim?

It depends.  In many industries, workers will be technically self-employed, while working under the umbrella of another company. In these circumstances they are likely to have a duty of care to you.  This includes construction workers, electricians, plumbers, contractors etc.

It’s not always obvious who can claim (and who you can claim against), but our legal advisors will give you free legal advice about it.  Just get in touch.

What other expenses can I claim for?

You can claim for all out of pocket expenses associated with your injury, such as; lost income, medical bills, prescriptions and travel to and from medical appointments. In addition you can claim for adaptations you needed to make to your home.

Is there a time limit for an industrial disease claim?

Although personal injury claims should usually be made within three years, industrial disease is different.

Symptoms can take months or years to emerge, so generally the time limit starts from the date of knowledge, such as when you receive a diagnosis.

Cases vary greatly, depending on the illness and the circumstances, so please get in touch with us and we can tailor the advice to your specific circumstances.

Customers rate us 'excellent'

We have a five star score from thousands of reviews on Trustpilot

Read reviews

How will a claim affect me?

We are often asked whether making a claim can count against you. The answer is no! (Duration - 1:27)

Start Your Claim

How do I know if I have a claim?

We will ask you four questions to identify whether you are eligible to make a claim. (Duration – 1:15)

Start Your Claim

What can you claim for?

A claim assesses how your work, life and well-being has been affected by your accident or injury. (Duration - 1:45)

Start a claim enquiry

What is No Win No Fee*?

If the solicitor doesn't win your case, you don't pay a penny. It's as simple as that! (Duration - 1:20)

Get in touch today - we can help with your claim 08005677866

It seems you are using an outdated browser.

This will impair your browsing experience around the web. Please visit one of the links below to update to a modern browser then re-open the site with the new browser.

Thank you


Can't find what you are looking for?

We are open as normal during the Coronavirus lockdown and are able to help with all your legal needs.

Call us free of charge

0800 567 7866

Request a Callback

Continue browsing